Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sakuracon 2016-- Gouk Fashion Show



































My favorite part of Sakuracon is always the fashion aspect. I find that japanese fashion is incredible inspirational and this year was no exception. When I first heard that gouk was going to be the brand this year, I was (honestly) a little apprehensive. I didn't know much about the brand or the clothing and what I saw online I didn't really think was my aesthetic  (being the gross ghoul creature I am).  I was very, very wrong. 
The clothing was immaculate. It was interesting and unique and had an ease and grace about it that spoke very clearly of traditional Japanese clothing. Kunitomo-san had a presence that was, at times, over whelming. He has such a clear and inspiring view point and there is such detail and work into all his pieces. When I met him the first day, honestly by accident, I was very intimidated. It felt like being in the same room with someone like Alexander McQueen. Someone so creative and other worldly. He was so kind and so involved in the interactions people had with his clothing. It was really phenomenal. 

This fashion show was one of my favorites in all the years I've been to sakuracon. I wanted to buy all of it.  I loved the way things were put together, the splashes of bright colors paired with muted neutrals, the way the clothing fell effortlessly. On top of that, being able to see (touch, feel, lust after) three of the pieces he had shown at Mercedes-Benz fashion week was an opportunity that was beyond what I expected. If I had had the money, I would have left with them right then and there. (they are the last three looks shown above).

All in all, this years fashion guest and collection blew my expectations out of the water. I am so grateful and so blessed to have met Kunitomo-san in person and be able to take some of his suggestions home with me (like my skirt... because he told me I had to have it). 

Thank you, Sakuracon for bringing us together with these amazing talents yet again. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment